Beach & Boardwalk Rules
To help maintain order, as well as provide a safe and enjoyable environment to each Rehoboth Beach visitor, we ask that you familiarize yourself and cooperate with the following regulations:
- For visitor health and safety, no one is permitted onto the beach between the hours of 1:00am and 5:00am.
- No changing clothes in comfort stations, on the boardwalk, under the boardwalk or in vehicles while parked on city streets.
- No sleeping on the beach between the hours of 1:00am and 5:00am.
- No sleeping in cars, on any street within the City, on or under the boardwalk or benches.
- The legal age for drinking, or to enter bars in Delaware, is 21 years old.
- No drinking or open containers of alcoholic beverages on beach, boardwalk, or on public streets within City limits.
- It is illegal for dogs to run at large at any time. The City has both a leash law and a pooper-scooper law which are enforced. Dogs are prohibited from the beach and boardwalk from April 1 through October 31.
- No open fire on the beach.
- Bikes are allowed on the boardwalk during the hours of 5:00am to 10:00am from May 15th through September 15th. Adult bike riders are not permitted to ride on the sidewalks at any time. Children, under 12, please check with police for regulations.
- No vehicles on the beach or boardwalk.
- Skateboards are prohibited on the boardwalk and bandstand year round and on the sidewalks and streets from May 15th through September 15th.
- No person shall rollerskate or rollerblade on the bandstand, boardwalk or Rehoboth Avenue.
** Please review signage for beach rules at entrances **
** to the beach and boardwalk **